Gift in your Will
Leave your footprint by shaping a child’s future.
How far into the future can you see? Perhaps you can imagine the kind of impact your life, work and contributions will have on your family, your loved ones, and the world.
For one in five children in our city, that future is all too uncertain to imagine. For a student unsure of where their next meal may come from, looking ahead feels impossible.
“I can’t begin to describe how it feels to know there are people who care about me and my future.”
– Ashley, grade 8
Choosing to leave a gift in your will to the Education Foundation of Ottawa will ensure that all children in Ottawa can have their own dreams for the future fulfilled. Not all students are lucky enough to start their school day with the same foot forward as everyone else. Your charitable bequest creates future opportunities for children to reach beyond what they’ve been given.
Leave a gift in your will.
Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to be wealthy in order to leave a gift in your will. After you’ve taken care of your loved ones, a gift of even 5% can make a huge difference to those students in our city who would otherwise go without. Remembering the Education Foundation of Ottawa in your will with a share of your assets, a fixed sum of money, or a specific item of value will change children’s lives for years to come.
What you need to know.
A gift in your will provides the Education Foundation of Ottawa with essential support for children and youth living in poverty or who are part of the working poor. All that’s needed to make a charitable bequest is a few sentences in your will. Here is information that you may find helpful:
- Our legal name is Education Foundation of Ottawa
- Our charitable registration number is 82373 8349 RR0001
- Our address is 133 Greenbank Road, Ottawa, ON K2H 6L3
- Our suggested wording for a residual gift: “To pay Education Foundation of Ottawa the residue (or share of the residue) of my estate for such use and purpose as the Board of Directors may determine in their absolute discretion.”
- Our suggested wording for a specific gift: “To pay Education Foundation of Ottawa the sum of $___ for such use and purpose as the Board of Directors may determine in their absolute discretion.”
If you have chosen to include the Education Foundation of Ottawa in your will, please do let us know. We would love the opportunity to thank you. Please contact Chris McGarvey at 613-596-8211 ext. 8303 or by email at email@example.com.
Connect with us.
Chris McGarvey is available to speak with you at any time.
He is happy to work with you and your family to help you meet your goals, or to provide assistance if you are an executor or lawyer managing an estate.
You can contact Chris directly at 613-596-8211 ext. 8303 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.